Vice President, Information Technology (IT)
Sionna Therapeutics is a life sciences company dedicated to redefining what’s possible in cystic fibrosis treatment. We are developing highly effective and differentiated treatments for cystic fibrosis (CF) by normalizing the function of CFTR, the key protein associated with disease progression in CF. Building on over a decade of extensive research on the genetic mutations associated with CF and founded in 2019, Sionna is advancing a pipeline of small molecules engineered to correct ΔF508, the most common mutation that affects the CFTR protein. The company has a first-in-class portfolio of programs targeting correction of NBD1, the key and unique mechanism to enable full restoration of ΔF508-CFTR function, and complementary programs targeting ICL4 and TMD1 domains. Sionna’s pipeline has the potential to deliver best-in-class efficacy and reach previously unachievable levels of long-term benefit for people with CF.
This is a newly created leadership role within Sionna, reporting to the CFO. The Vice President, Information Technology will guide the vision and strategy for all information systems and technology.
This individual will develop guidelines, standards and policies, and provide oversight for all IT functions and vendors.
The ideal candidate is highly innovative and will create our strategic path forward and lead all aspects of our technological development. This person works best in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate with leadership to develop, support, and align Information Technology strategy and plan (roadmap) to corporate goals.
- Serve as technology Thought Leader, responsible for proposing, planning, overseeing and tracking technology projects to enable our efforts. Provide leadership, vision and direction.
- Collaborate with appropriate stakeholders to define business needs, system requirements, and timelines for future system enhancements and implementations to support organizational growth.
- Accountable for continuous operation and maintenance of IT systems and associated site infrastructure and helpdesk support.
- Oversee internalized functions and vendor-managed services to best leverage both fully.
- Identify key technology trends and how new technologies might be leveraged to provide better solutions.
- Develops short-term and long-term strategic information technology and operational plans.
- Develops IT business plans and budget plans that support Sionna’s objectives.
- Maintains project controls that accurately reflect completed work against project plans, schedules and budgets, and ensures operating management involvement at appropriate milestones.
- Develops and executes an enterprise-wide security strategy and roadmap that mitigates risk through the right balance of security measures and operational flexibility.
- Participates in the formation and execution of business continuity planning, and drive disaster recovery planning and execution.
- Manages Security Compliance and Audits.
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics.
- Develops information security processes and standards that are aligned to industry frameworks and recommend changes and process improvements including those based upon identified risks and changes in legal, compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Support regulatory compliance including SOX, CFR Part 11, GDPR, and others as required. Establish and implement a validated system approach for GxP data.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information systems, computer science or related field.
- A minimum of 15 years’ related experience; biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience strongly preferred.
- Deep experience and working knowledge of IT systems, networks, operations, cloud-based systems, security, and development.
- Knowledge of/Ability to support systems for Corporate ERP, CMC, Data Science and other applications.
- Extensive experience working cross-functionally, building collaborative working relationships and interfacing effectively with all levels of the business.
- Strong leadership, influencing, project management, negotiation and planning skills.
- Highest ethical standards.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to present complex subjects in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and to cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Fosters a positive and collaborative work environment.