Vice President, DMPK
Sionna Therapeutics is a life sciences company dedicated to redefining what’s possible in cystic fibrosis treatment. We are developing highly effective and differentiated treatments for cystic fibrosis (CF) by normalizing the function of CFTR, the key protein associated with disease progression in CF. Building on over a decade of extensive research on the genetic mutations associated with CF and founded in 2019, Sionna is advancing a pipeline of small molecules engineered to correct ΔF508, the most common mutation that affects the CFTR protein. The company has a first-in-class portfolio of programs targeting correction of NBD1, the key and unique mechanism to enable full restoration of ΔF508-CFTR function, and complementary programs targeting ICL4 and TMD1 domains. Sionna’s pipeline has the potential to deliver best-in-class efficacy and reach previously unachievable levels of long-term benefit for people with CF.
The VP of DMPK is a strategic member of the Extended Leadership Team at Sionna Therapeutics, reporting to the Chief Scientific Officer. In this role you will develop and implement DMPK & bioanalytical strategies and provide critical basic research and development support for products in Research through early Development. Additionally, you will provide guidance and scientific stewardship for all preclinical candidates and will continue building a high-performing expertise function that will provide PK and biomarker assay support for entire pipeline.
As the leader of DMPK, you will work closely with research and preclinical organizations. Therefore, this you must be highly adept at building and managing relationships across various functions, and positioning results with a deep scientific understanding as to how the findings relate to early lead selection through early development.
- Lead the design, execution, analysis, interpretation, and communication of all non-clinical PK/PD and ADME studies relating to Sionna’s therapeutic research platform of small molecules for the treatment of cystic fibrosis.
- Create a compelling vision for DMPK and effectively communicating it throughout the company.
- Develop and executing superior DMPK strategies aligned with platform, programs and company goals to achieve successful development candidates
- Collaborate with Research colleagues and project leaders in establishing PK/ADME profiles during drug discovery to enable superior development candidates to transition into development.
- Lead the DMPK team in the execution of all bioanalytical and preclinical PK/ADME studies using either in house resources or CROs.
- Represent DMPK on a variety of interdisciplinary teams and all corporate governance forums.
- Ensure delivery of all reports and appropriate sections of regulatory documents to support INDs, NDAs and other world-wide regulatory dossiers.
- D. in Pharmacokinetics, Drug Metabolism, or a related field is required.
- Fifteen years of industry experience demonstrating significant expertise, in-depth knowledge of DMPK science related to preclinical development and proven leadership. This experience should come within a biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical environment and inside a complex research and development setting.
- Experience with small molecules is preferred.
- A demonstrated track record in innovation and creativity, critical scientific thinking, and analysis, with a deep level of curiosity and understanding of new technologies and cutting-edge approaches to address DMPK issues.
- Broad knowledge across pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, ADME, and bioanalytics are essential to this individual’s success.
- Ability to demonstrate expert, world-class knowledge of pharmacokinetic and drug metabolism principles.
- Possess a strong track record of independently authoring and providing guidance to team members on technical reports/ summaries, suitable for inclusion in registration dossiers (IB, IND, NDA).